Wednesday, July 18, 2007

To TAM Flight JJ 3054 Victms' Relatives

Hello everybody! Today, 07.18.07 the painting is made in solidarity to victims's relatives of the TAM flight JJ 3054. Two hundred people perished at the end of an airport runway in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I've landed many times at that same airport, and personally, I dread landing there. I almost could see people watching tv in their living rooms, from the airplane's window.
I sat down this morning to eat breakfast, and I thought of the victims of last night's crash. They didn't wake up for breakfast this morning with their husbands, wives, sons, boy/guirlfriends, friends, business associates, strangers, with me. I want that copies of this painting, eventually reach the hands of every victim's family representative, as my solidarity's gesture for their losses.

Dimension: 4.5" x 4"
Media: Pigma Prism Pen, Prismacolor Marker, on Bristol paper, museum archival quality.
Price: this piece is not for sale


No comments: